Colour variation in metallic paint, with patches of lighter or darker tint, often in streaks following the direction of spraying.
Irregular application density of the basecoat. This is a result of:
- Poor spraying technique.
- Poor pattern from the spray nozzle.
- Paint too wet, insufficiently mixed paint, poor quality or wrong type of thinner.
- Surface too hot or too cold.
- Use the correct spraying technique.
- Adjust the nozzle to the correct pattern before commencing spraying.
- Ensure that the paint is thoroughly mixed to the correct consistency.
Use only recommended thinner. Ensure that the surface is within the recommended temperature range.
If the clearcoat has not been applied, shade the base, otherwise rub down the surface and repaint.