Small cavities, generally less than 1mm in diameter, occurring over stopper, filler or GRP substrate.
Abrasive damage to the paint film due to:
- Compounding or polishing the surface before fully hardened.
- Excessive pressure or speed of mechanical polisher.
- Use of too coarse or ammoniacal compound or incorrect polish, dirty or coarse polishing cloth or mop.
- Allow surface to harden fully before compounding or polishing.
- Use mechanical polishers at minimum pressure and correct speed.
- Use the correct grade and type of compound and polish, ensure polishing cloths or mop are soft and clean.
- Go over polished area with a pre-cleaner and a soft cloth to remove polish residue as a final check.
Allow the surface to harden fully, flat compound and polish. In severe cases, flat and repaint the surface film.